Thanksgiving Holiday Safety Tips -Please Share!
Thanksgiving is just about here and we want to wish you a happy and safe holiday weekend. With that in mind, we wanted to share some safety tips. As it turns out Thanksgiving is the peak of home fires.
Because we care about you and your family, please take a few minutes to read over the safety tips and share this article to ensure a safe celebration for everyone!
- Always stay in the kitchen when the stovetop is on cooking on. Overboils and grease fires can happen in an instant.
- Stay home when cooking your turkey, and check on it frequently. Avoid the temptation to do a quick errand while the bird roasts.
- Warn children that the stove is on and that they should stay at least three feet away.
- Warn children about the hot foods that are placed on the table and counters as well. The steam or splashes from hot liquids can cause serious burns.
- Remember to keep knives out of the reach of small children.
- Keep electric cords from an electric knife, coffee maker, plate warmer or mixer out of the way and out of easy reach of children.
- Keep matches and utility lighters away and out of the reach of children.
- Be aware of lit candles and never leave children alone in a room with a lit candle.
- Keep floors clear so as not to trip while carrying hot foods or sharp objects.
- Check your smoke alarms and the batteries to ensure they are in working order.
Thank you again for being part of our mortgage family and we wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!